Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's getting close


I am finally getting into the spirit of Christmas!  I have been so not into it and I am not sure why but I am getting it these last few days!  Mark and I have our shopping done, I just have to get some trial size things for the stockings and we will be all set.  We even have all the stuff we need to make the food for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Christmas Eve we will be heading over to my SIL's to celebrate Christmas with Mark's family.  We have to bring cheesy potatos and a vege tray.  All the gifts are wrapped for that party.  The kids will all be with us for that except Manda, who has to work that night at the hospital.  She has to work Christmas day also but not till the afternoon.  She will be coming out to our house after work on Christmas Eve so she can be with us on Christmas morning.  After the kids open up thier gifts and have breakfast on Christmas morning they will be heading to thier dad's house for the day.  My sister, her husband and my nephew (he is 33) will be coming over for Prime Rib!  This is my favorite part of that day!  Well no maybe it is the mimosa's in the hot tub!  Yea I like that part too.  All in all Christmas day is pretty low key and is spent at home.  Once the kids arrive home it is pretty much time for bed since we will all be worn out!
I have to go back to work on Wednesday but we will be working short hours.  I have lots of data entry that needs to be done!  I really need to get busy with that and we will be really slow those three days so it will be a perfect time to take care of it. 
I am not sure what our plans are for New Years eve yet.  We were supposed to go to a party with my brother in law and SIL but we just realized that we have Marks daughter that night so I am not sure what we are going to do now.  Ah well such is life.  We may just be sitting at home for the night which would be just fine with me.  Well I am off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you'll be quite the little party animal ;-)  Merry Christmas!  Enjoy your time with your family.

Anonymous said...


I hope we're all a little bit better connected in the coming new year. In the meantime, enjoy the Christmas holidays, and I'll see ya soon

Anonymous said...

Mimosas in the hot tub...I'm sorry I missed it! :)
Gillie