Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wonderful weekend

Robbie's party was great!  There were alot of people  here.  He had tons of friends here too.  I have seen my family more this summer than I have in the past two years!  I will be with them for the next three weekends also.  At least the rest of the parties are not at our home.  I am tired out on having parties here!  The next big one we have here will be John and Josh's graduation next summer.  Then I will be done with graduation parties for six years.  Mark's daughter is alot younger than my kids so we have a long stretch in between before she graduates.

The weather was beautiful  yesterday.  Everyone had a great time on the boat and just sitting around talking.  There was so much food it was unbelievable.  Mark and I were up late Friday night cooking away.  We made mostocolli, tuna macaroni salad, potato salad and another pasta salad that has tricolored spiral noodles, hard salami, red onion, broccoli, and chesse all mixed up with italian dressing (yummy) We acutally had a great time in the kitchen cooking together.  20 pounds of potatos takes a long time to boil, peel and chop up!  But all the food was great and Mark and I had a good time together.  We also ordered chicken and we picked that up Saturday morning along with the cake.  I was very pleased with the cake! 

The fireworks were here on the lake last night also.  They were very good again this year.  We had to take both boats out this year cuz there were still so many people here.  Once the fire works were over all the kids were leaving so the adults (Linda and her girlfriends! LOL) were all sitting around the fire talking.  We were also doing shots of grape pucker.  Yea I didnt feel so well this morning and neither did any of my girlfriends!  That will be the last of my alcohol drinking for quite awhile.  Takes to many weight watcher points to have even a few beers.  I think I forgot to say that I joined weight watchers.  My weigh in days are Thursdays.  I lost four pounds last week.  I am scared to find out what I GAINED this week from the party.  I will have to be extra good for the rest of the week if I wantto keep it down!

Today was soooooooo hot out.  Jeremy came out with Jessica and Jackie and Jackie's BF.  Jessicas mother came also.  We were on the boat for most of the day.  The kids all tubed, knee boarded and skied.  They had a great time.  It was much cooler on the boat then it was anywhere else outside.  I acutally went tubing today to.  I love tubing but I hardly ever get the chance cuz the kids all hog it!  I went with Jessica's mother, Lori.  It was fun.  After we did our tubing Lori and I decided to get our floats and just float in the water while Mark continuted to take the kids out on the boat.  It was very relaxing.  I came in the house and got all the leftovers from yesterday out and everyone came in and ate.  They were all starving.  I even invited the neighbors over.  Karen (my neighbor) is gone to her brothers wedding, but will be back tonight so I invited Gordie and the kids over to eat so he could take the night off of cooking!  He looks a little worn out from taking care of the kids by himself since Thursday!  I was happy cuz I got rid of alot of leftovers!

This picture is of Jeremy and Jessica.  The one at the top of the entry is me and Lori and Robbies cake.  I have no idea why it put the picture up there!  Well it is getting close to bed time for me.  Work tomorrow........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, at least you got rid of leftovers.....no peace and quiet, but hey!  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time, even though maybe you had to pay the price a little :)
That cake was outstanding, by the way, what a job! Good day all around!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT time! The cake turned out wonderful!!! You're definately getting in your family time!

I loved Weight Watchers and when we move back to the states if I am still needing to lose weight I'll so be joining back. I'm planning on once the baby is here doing it online and making the committment. I have a friend here who will be my accountability partner (that's the big thing I need, to BE accountable to someone other than myself!).

Anonymous said...

What a great cake!  Sounds like everyone had a great time.  I make a similar pasta salad (Tri-color rotini & Italian dressing but I put cucumber, black olives and baby tomatoes in mine...I might have to try your version!).
Grape pucker just makes me cringe! :)  Memories and all that...
Congrats on the 4 lbs!!
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Jessica looks like Valerie Bertinelli.

Anonymous said...

Oh looks like you had a great time...Look at you two on that innertube.  Or whatever you call it.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

Great pics... glad the party went well and all had fun!

be well,
Dawn