Saturday, August 4, 2007

Busy week

I can't believe that it has been over a week since I posted an entry on here.  It seems like it was just a day or so ago.  It has been a busy week so I guess it just went by so fast I didn't have the opportunity to do it.  This weekend is the first weekend this summer that Mark and I didn't have something that we had to do. No parties to throw, no parties to go to.  Just a do what we want kind of weekend.  I really like this kind of weekend.  Last night I did go to the Pat Benetar concert with a bunch of the girls.  There were 18 of us that went.  It was so much fun.  I have pictures that I will post when I get my camera out of the car.  Everything is still in the car that I took with me last night!  I love going to DTE for concerts.  It is an outside arena.  I love sitting on the hill, alot of people like the pavillion but I like the hill.  Lots more room to dance if the urge strikes you, which it did strike all of us last night.  It was fun.

Last weekend Mark and I went to my Uncles 80th birthday party.  It was at my cousin Mary's house.  Mary and he husband have an awesome "weekend" home.  They live in Chicago but they have a weekend house in Watervliet Michigan.  That is the area that her mom and dad (my aunt and uncle)  The house was awesome.  Mary's husband bought the property and developed it into a gated community and they have one of the houses that were built there.  There is a marina for all the residents of the sub division.  Mary and Tim have  three boats and they took all of us out on two of them for several hours.  One was a large pontoon and the other was a ski boat.  We all had to keep switching boats so that everyone who wanted to tube got a turn to do so.  It was alot of fun.  It was really great to see all my mothers family.  We don't see them enough since my mother passed away.  Sometimes it is hard for me to see them, as it was this past weekend, since it makes me miss my mother a great deal.  Everyone had old pictures they brought with them for us to look at.  I think that made it harder for me since there were so many pictures of my parents.  But we had a great time and we stayed the night in a hotel.  My brother and his wife, my sister and her  husband and her son, and my other sister all stayed at the same hotel and we all went out to eat in the morning.  Mark and I had Aiden with us too.  It was fun.  When Mark and I left there we drove to Robbies new house so we could see where he lived.  Robbie also took us around his new city.  Holland Michigan.  It was a very nice little city.  There is a lake there called Lake Macatawa.  It is quite large and connects to Lake Michigan.  Mark and I would like to get the chance to take our boat there for a weekend and check it out.  I am sure Robbie would like it if we could come stay for a few days too.  Robbie is home this weeked to see one of his friends from high school.  He is also helping with the high school's band camp tonight.  He loved band camp more than anything else at school!  I am sure he will be coming back each year to help out with it.

The week was busy at work.  Mark and I did have a really nice night on Tuesday night.  I came home from work and it was so hot out I just put my suit on right away.  We went out in the boat and stayed out there for a few hours.  When we came in Mark grilled Talapia and zuchinni on the grill.  It was good!!  Really good!  Then we went back out on the boat for a bit.   The boys were all gone that evening so it was just Mark and I.  Sometimes I catch a glimpse of how nice our nights will be and not just of how lonely it will be.  Maybe it will be alot of fun! 

Well I was only taking a break from doing all the much needed cleaning around here.  Being busy and being away for most of the summer has left our house in a mess.  I have been working all day on cleaning.  It is starting to look much better.  Tomorrow I will be moving out to the yard to work on it.  Hopefully I will feel much better about the house and ready to go camp again after that!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

camping again?  ah, summer in Michigan!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!!!
Gillie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy and fun week!!!!  Glad you got that quiet Tuesday night with Mark!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Boy, I tell ya, when you set out to have a good time, you really see it through. Summer is for water and boating, and I don't think there is anything more fun or relaxing than boat rides!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hello! How are you? It has been forever since I've been to this journal but its great to see your still journaling... I'm back... This time... its for good and consistent... but I just wanted to drop in and say hello... see how your doing, and let you know i'm BACK! Hope to keep in touch! :)

Arriel