Friday, August 17, 2007

Time to relax

Hello!  I am so happy that it is Friday and I have the day off.  It has been a busy week.   John and Josh had cross country camp this week.  They just got home this morning.  I made swedish meatballs for dinner for all of them last night.  There are tons left over so  I guess we will be having those one night this weekend!!  The boys loved them.  I made them for them last year also and they were a request for this year.  I went there this morning to help them all clean up the lodge and make sure it was back to it's normal way of looking before they left.  They actually did a great job of cleaning up after themselves this year compared to last year.  I was proud of all of them!  John and Josh are VERY tired though, as are all the boys from the team.  Coach runs their butts off at this camp.  They are very happy to have the weekend off of running. 

I had my dr.'s appointment on Thursday.  It went very well.  The infection is still in my stomach so they can't do the surgery yet.  I  have to have another ultrasound done on September 14 to see if the fluid is still built up in my abdomen.  I am still hoping that all this is being caused by the infection and not the scar tissue (which is also called adhesions)  If the fluid is being caused by the infection, then I don't have to have surgery, if it is caused by the adhesions then I will have to have surgery to remove them.  It would be a pretty big surgery and it would mean cutting me open.  When I had my right ovary removed it was a difficult surgery to do because of all the scar tissue (adhesions) and my OB dr. had to call in a general surgeon to remove the scar tissue from my bowel because it was attaching my ovary and my bowel.  I know it all sounds so complicated.  The biggest problem that they are having right now is in determining weather the fluid build up and the pain is from the infection I contracted at work or from scar tissue.  Neither surgeon (OB or Gen) wants to go in unless they are certain it is from scar tissue.  So they are doing everything possible to rule out side effects from lingering infection as the cause.  Which I am thankful for since I do not wantto have surgery at all but if it needs to be done then it needs to be done. 

I have no plans for this weekend.  I am just having a relaxing weekend.  I am hoping to get all the laundry done and finishing my book that I started awhile ago.  I usually finish books quickly but I have had no time to do any reading.  At night when I get into bed I just fall asleep!  So I am looking forward to the weekend.  The boys will probably sleep it away since they worked so hard at camp all week. 

Robbie is on vacation this week in Connicut and New York. He went to see Rent last night and he was very excited about it.  He loves that movie and we looking forward to seeing it live.  He saw Wicked live last time he went to New York with the high school band.  I am waiting on his call to find out how he liked it.  I am hoping that he will be able to come home soon to visit me.  I guess I shouldn't say come home, since his home is in Holland Michigan now and not here!  Either way  I want to see him soon.  I miss him.

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend.  I am sure I will be updating over the weekend since I am home and doing not much

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I was with ya through the swedish meatballs, but then you started talking about icky medical stuff and and it's all a blur after that!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh... I know you are missing your boy!!!!  Linda... can they just set you up with IV antibiotics to knock it out of you?  You can do that on an outpatient basis now... maybe it is worth asking... Worrying about you!  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hope your feeling better... all that surgery stuff sounds complicated! No matter what, I hope things turn out for the best. you always seem like such a busy person... so i hope you enjoy your weekend with time off!

Anonymous said...

I hope you in deed had a relaxing weekend.  Iám new to JLand and I have enjoyed reading your journel, here's my jourenl page

Anonymous said...

hi Linda...I just wanted to pop in to say hello...I didn't know about your troubles in the abdomen area. I am sorry you are having so many problems. If I could help you I would. I really hope and pray that it isn't serious.
I wish I had what you have with Mark....can you send me detailed instructions because there has to be something I am doing wrong...I envy you...
Love
Lenise

Anonymous said...

I hope you are felling better.  The surgery things sounds scary.  Keep us posted!!
Gillie