Thursday, June 5, 2008

It is hot out



Today we have gotten the heat back here in Michigan.  And along with the heat comes the humidity.  All day at work I thought about how hard it was going to be to run today.  I knew I had to go to the track banquet tonight (which is held outside also) before I could run.  I was really hoping that things would cool down enough for me to run outside.  I got home from the banquet and put on my running clothes.  I took off down the road in the direction that I knew had the dirt road and lots of trees so the sun wouldn't be as bad, and a little cooler on that foresty like road.  As luck would have it, I realized that the dirt road was soaking wet.  It had just been treated.  I forget the chemical they put on it to keep the dust down but it is yucky.  So I headed back home.  Grabbed my car keys and went to the Y.  I did my miles, all three of them, on the treadmill.   It was even warm in there today but I did them!!!  I am so proud of myself.
The dinner last night was great.  Aleison is a wonderful little girl.  She is in remission but she has to have maintenance chemo once a week for two years.  Can you imagine?  She will be 9 by the time she is done.  She just turned 7.  She loves Italian food so we went to a great Italian place.  I had never been there before and I was impressed.  Good food.   I took lots of pics but I left my camera in my car so I will have to upload later.  She is a little doll.
Tomorrow is the Red Wings CHAMPIONS parade, downtown. I have the day off tomorrow and the boys want to go so we just might do it.  Crowds are horrible there and I get a little antsy in them so we will have to see how I feel about it in the morning.  I will let you know if I go. Have a great night.

Please donate if you can

http://pages.teamintraining.org/mi/nikesf08/llawrenmqo


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you go with the boys!!  It will be a fun adventure with them before they go!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Aleison sounds like she is quite the trooper.  No one should have to go through all of that let alone a little girl.  Stay cool and have a good Friday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

WTG Linda for getting your run in tonight!!! what a trooper to do it on the treadmill in a hot gym!!

so glad the dinner went well for little Aleison; I bet she had a good time!!

how soon until your boys graduate?

betty