Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling better


Good Morning.  I am feeling better this morning.  I still have nothing resolved with my family but it is amazing what some sleep will do for your spirits.  I still have no idea what I am going to do about it but I do know that I am going to give it some time before I decide. 
I am working some crazy hours this week.  One of the supervisors where I work is off for a few days and I am covering.  I am working from noon till 10pm each day.  I do 10 hour shifts and have Monday's off but I normally work from 6am till 4pm.  This shift is much different.  I feel like I do not get anything done!  It feels like the only time I am home is when I am sleeping!  I am glad that is for only a few days.  If I had to work the afternoon shift for any length of time I would have to go back to working 5 days 8 hour shifts so that I could have some time during the day to get things done. 
This weekend Mark and I are going to the U of M game.  I am very excited about it.  We have season tickets but we have not been able to go to the first two games because of conflicts schedule wise.  We sold the first two games and now we get to go to this one!!  I am very much looking forward to spending some time with my husband.  We seem to be two ships passing in the night lately!   Life sure does get in the way of things sometimes.
We will be leaving for Talladega next week.  Thursday through Monday!!  I can't wait to see Linda.  Talladega is always so much fun.  (Nascar racing event for those of you that don't know!)  The only thing that I don't like about it is the drive.  It takes 12 hours to get there.  That is a long car drive.  Oh well it is worth it.  That is another 12 hours I get to spend with my husband alone right?
Well I need to get out the door and get my run in before work.  Have a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have some fun things to look forward to.  After working all those hours you'll need a break for sure.  I work 7-4 most days which is an 8 hour shift and 5 days a week.  Some of those days are longer than I'd like for sure.  
Take care !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

it only takes 12 hours to get from where you live to Talledega? isn't that in Florida or am I confused???? that's not too bad of a car ride as long as you can get up and stretch a bit here and there :) I bet you'll have a great time!

I'm glad you are feeling better; praying for you; I heard on a radio program yesterday that if we remember that people are flawed and not expect them to be perfect and expect them to mess up and hurt us, we end up not getting too hurt when they do hurt us; makes sense; the pastor said it so much better than me, but his point was we are flawed, we will make mistakes, we need to be forgiving of ourselves and forgiving of others

((((Linda))))

I have never been to a college football game, sounds like fun though!

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the issue's with your siblings. I pray that hearts can be softened and relatioknships can be mended.  
You're working such long hours, you definately deserve your upcoming vacation! I know you'll have a fabulous time in Talladega!

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

Have fun at all the sporting events.  I think Talladega sounds better than a Michigan game.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

The family situation will figure itself out when the time is right.  I'm jealous . . . I'd love to be going to the race!  Have a happy tomorrow. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the family issues....those are the worst, and I will keep you in prayer.
I'm so jealous that you are going to the race.....I'm a huge 24 fan and would love to be there to see him!

Enjoy :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the family issues....those are the worst,as I am going through some too!  I will keep you in my thoughts and  prayers.

Sharon