Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hello


Now just look at that picture.  I look awesome don't I?  Ok so my husband will tell yo that I look awesome now, but he is my husband and he loves me no matter what.  I, on the other hand, need to love myself again.  No I am not wanting to be the skinniest thing on earth.   But I do want to have the shape of something other than an apple again.  I am not sure an apple is the right description, an apple doesn't  have skinny arms and legs.... so what would that be? 
Tuesday is weigh in, and yes I am looking forward to it.  I want to know if what I have been doing is right or wrong.
This weekend has been good so far.  I did the "bucket drive" today.  Something really sad happended to me today when I was doing the bucket drive.....  when you are doing the bucket drive you learn to ask EVERYONE who walks by if they would like to make a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  And I do that NO MATTER WHAT.   Today a lady was walking into the storee, she was dressed, very nicely,  skirt, nice shirt , heels.
I asked her if she would like to make a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  She stopped and looked at me.   I guess if you have never done a bucket drive you would not understand how odd that was.  Sometimes people stop and take out their wallets and donate, sometimes they say sorry  I can't right now and sometimes they just ignore you.  They don't ususally stop and just look at you.  But she did.  She said " I am very sorry, I have no cash on me, I forgot to go to the bank to get money for the minister."  I said "it's ok, have a nice day" .  She still stood there.  She looked right at me and said  " I am going to my son's funeral and I forgot to get money to pay the minister, so I have to stop at the ATM inside the store to get the money to pay him, I wish I had some cash to give you" . 
HELLO!  What do I say to that??   It was so obvious by this womans demeanor and her words and her dress and everything about her that she was not lying to me................................
I hugged her.  Maybe she could of hit me.  Who knows what I would of done if a complete stranger hadhugged me the day of my son's funeral.  She didn't, she hugged me back. 
All is right with my world right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!! I don't even know if I would have thought about hugging that lady; I probably would have said "I'm so sorry" and dropped it at that; but a hug was exactly what she needed at that moment; I can't even imagine what she was feeling!!!

okay, maybe I'm not up on this, but I never thought of giving money to a minister for doing a funeral; wedding yet, but funeral I hadn't thought of that

good luck with your weigh in! I bet you will have a good one!

betty

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your aim to shape up.  I've been an apple most of my life.  Even when I was thiner I still had that shape. I'm short and short wasted so even though I weighed less than I do now I never had a great shape.  Loving yourself isn't about your shape anyway.  I tried for a number of years to watch what I ate just so my clothes would fit, but 2 years ago I gave up and bought the next size.
I think you did the right thing with the hug - apparently the lady needed one for sure.  Have a great Sunday!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful person you are.....I'm sure a hug is just what that woman needed.
You know, I so understand about loving yourself, I'm working hard on that right now....it's not so easy to do, is it? But one day at a time, maybe we can get better at it. So, love yourself a little more today, you are worth it!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

While you can never be what you once were all you need to strive for is being happy with yourself whatever that takes.  That is a sad story.  The way you described it she sounded like she was kind of in a daze.  Have a good Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

You look awesome and you are an awesome person. : )    I'm sure that was sad hearing about that lady and her son.  Hope you have a happy Sunday.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Linda I know this is a couple days old but wow. God placed you in her life for a moment. I have no doubt that she had recieved so many hugs already throughout the day and was so numb at your question, but the fact that you showed her love and compassion when sadly many would have just not known what to do and done nothing at all.

God Bless